Thursday, December 21, 2006

Graduation

I graduated*** today. The big question is how do you feel?

Immediately after graduation I felt hungry, because I hadn't had breakfast or lunch. I think my point in telling you that is I'm still just as human as I was before I got my college diploma. College has been a changing process that didn't happen all on December 21st from 11 to 2, it happened over some of the best years of my life.
It's kind of like Snowden's secret in the novel Catch 22, I'm still human, but I'm gaining ripeness...

The answer to the question, how do i feel is free. I'm really excited about whatever is next and becoming even more seasoned in life.

oh yeah, here's a picture of me and my mom. My parents came down and we had a blast, dinner in Greenville, lunch in Clemson, dinner at Wendy's. They're cool (and super proud, I'd probably wait at least a month before you mention my name around them or you'll get more than you'd want to hear about Mike Soltys)

***the asterisks were next to my name in the program. they symbolize a level of academic achievement that only 3 asterisks can symbolize. I could also have gotten a white thing to wear around my neck for 50 dollars to show my achievement... but i decided to go snorkeling in the dry Tortuga's instead. achievement is overrated.
I'll be home for christmas!
-mike


7 comments:

Unknown said...

You look so hot in that gown of yours... Congrats my friend!

Anonymous said...

Mike, I'm so proud of you! And I'm really glad you talked about how you feel because thats obviously the question I would have asked as soon as I talk to you. Enjoy your Christmas!

Elleth said...

wow. i would take snorkeling in the tortugas anyday. :)

and congrats on achieving three stars as well as refusing to buy a "white thing." its why we are friends [not really, but it sounds good].

Ian Monroe said...

Congrats!

Your mom looks exactly how I remember her.

Elleth said...

HELP ME, MIKEY!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!

Kevin Baynard said...

mike man.... you need to get better at posting more regularly.... don't want to disappoint the blog world

Elleth said...

as a part of "the whole blog world" i must admit that i am slightly disappointed.

but i did wake you up last night to say Merry Christmas, so i cant be too hard on you.

hope your day's fantastic!