Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My amazing friends

So before you read this post, if you're not an avid reader of my blog, you should back up and skim the last two for some background.

So tonight I'm sitting in the living room with Josh and William, we're making some homemade pizza (if you've never made your own pizza, let me know and I'll send you the recipe, its easy and delicious!)

Anyhow, the doorbell rings and I yell "Come In!" then there's another knock, and I realize I'm going to have to get up and get the door because Josh and William weren't phased. When I open the door, there's a crowd of maybe 20 people with balloons and a giant check for a new bike! Apparently a ton of my friends rallied together and all chipped in a couple bucks, to raise $760 to replace my broken bike! (the check was made before the last few donations were counted)


So a very special thanks to all the unknown people who donated to help me get back on the road! Thanks to Andrew Adare for talking me out of buying that $100 beater bike I was looking at yesterday, and thanks to Laura and William for masterminding the operation. This is a perfect example of the amazing un-intentional community I've found myself in here in Boulder.
I love you all.

Peace.
Mike

No comments: