Thursday, January 18, 2007

Africa

As some of you may or may not have known, i was considering going to Africa through an organization called eMI. I wasn't too confident how that was going to work out, but at the church i tryed last Sunday they mentioned they had a team going to Africa this summer to build a hospital and if anybody was interested i could talk to the pastor after the service or find the info on the website.

well today i e-mailed the doctor that will be starting the hospital. He called me and verified that i was interested in going and I was a christian and that sort of thing.

anyhow, i just got an e-mail with my plane ticket, so i guess that means that there's a good chance I'm going to Africa this summer!

Life comes at you just that quick sometimes. Oh, and Honduras, for now, has fallen through but the power of the Internet may be reviving the trip.
-mike

(p.s. you can check out the orginization on their not so flashy website www.ihdn.org)

No comments: