Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Illinois

Holler,
So I'm still in Illinois. Its flat, and its cold. I thought I'd fill blog world in on what I've been up to over the past couple of weeks. I've been reading this book: the irresistible revolution and its good. It definitely makes you want to move to India and live in a leper colony.

I also have been trying out churches here in Springfield. A good church is hard to find. The first church I went to was the first church of the brethren, the church my parents go to. A lot of old people go there, and to be honest it felt like I was listening to one of those cheesy e-mail forwards the whole church service. The next Sunday I went to this church called E-Free! It felt like christian radio doped up on happy pills. I feel like its a big masquerade when people go out of their way to cheese up church. the second church even said that they try to make church an experience that you can remember throughout the week. Get your single serving dose of happy feel-good religion (now in quick release tabs)! People want real, Or at least I do... and I don't think real looks like that.

I've been dilly-dallying in the workshop, I'm working on a TV stand for our TV downstairs. I think it should turn out rather nice, but its going slowly. I'm hoping to have it ready for staining this weekend. I'll put pictures up when that happens.

Also, my brother loves media, and has a 42" plasma TV downstairs (the one I'm building the stand for) and all sorts of game systems. I hate it, but i throw away a lot of time on that stuff. I've been up to date with the TV show 24 this season and I don't know how pumped I am about it...

anyhow, I'll be in Clemson next week, hopefully starting Monday. I'm really excited about that!

1 comment:

Ed said...

Woohoo! Mike is coming back to Clemson! When I saw your comments on other people's blogs, I assumed you'd posted, and posted you had. Yeah.