Friday, January 5, 2007

Hawaii

So, I'm back from Hawaii!

Hawaii is a really great state. I couldn't live there though, i always felt so trapped on the islands. Some things I did:
  • Our hotel on the island of Hawai'i was on the edge of the crater of Kilauea (an active volcano). The crater really doesn't have any lava in it but it does have steam, and it is way to big to take a picture of. It was way cool hiking down to the ocean on the old lava to see the new lava entering into the ocean.
  • I didn't get to do this, but I'd recommend checking out the north part of the big island, apparently very rugged and and untouched.
  • On Maui, my personal favorite was hiking in the Haleakala Crater: it was ridiculous. At 10,000 feet, you were above the clouds and could see the peaks of other volcano-islands nearby.
  • I would also really recommend snorkeling, we saw two 7' reef sharks mating from about 5 feet away. We also swam with giant sea turtles and kayaked with humpback wales.
  • Also, Hula dancing is way hot.


Whats next? Well for January all I've got going on is planning more trips and hopefully headed to Clemson for a short visit. Check out a couple more Hawaii photos at: http://clemson.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2075614&l=9909a&id=12702301

2 comments:

Elleth said...

how are you going to delete "im glad your back claire" from my blog?

i mean, i am glad you are back from hawaii... geez...

and i like the pic of the lava... i'll take it as a personal shoutout

Elleth said...

isnt it great doing things that make you feel young? :) i think thats why so many mid to upper twenties go myspace...

thanks for the lava.

youre the man, mikey! you better come back to CLE soon.