Monday, March 12, 2007

Boulder, CO

So pretty much right after I got back to the U.S.A I was in a plane again headed to Boulder, Colorado to check out University of Colorado. Boulder is a really happenin' town, so if you've never been there I'd recommend you check it out. It's a huge skiing community, but I don't ski. Anyhow, as far as the university goes, their campus seemed Huge, but is very bike friendly and supposedly has great public transportation. All of the profs I met with were very friendly and after the tour and interviews we all went out to a local brewery (the mountain sun brewery on Pearl st.) for some brews. All and all, it was a lovely time but I really can't say what my decision is until I visit other schools?


(that tall pointy building in the middle of this webcam image would become my home if I went to CU-Boulder)

Whats next on the agenda? Well I guess you could call this week my "spring break" but instead of leaving I get to stop traveling, sit down, and do my taxes. I heard MTV might come and do some filming of the craziness, so keep your eyes open. Then next week its off to Colorado State (i hope, they're hard to make plans with), and Notre Dame. The following week it is University of Washington (in Seattle) and then its DECISION time.

For anybody that was wondering, following Seattle I'm going to Southern Illinois with my parents for a little family vacation, and then headed to CLEMSON! So, look for me there around the second week in April!

-Mike

(p.s. Ed, I'd say my favorite place in all of Australia was Tasmania. I would have liked to spend some more time there, there's a smaller town on the north end of the island named Launceston which is supposedly quite nice, and many more national parks to romp in. Hobart was also a cool town, but take this with a grain of salt. This is coming from a guy who'd rather be in the woods than in a big city. If your a big city type of person, Sydney really is worth checking out.)

No comments: