Friday, March 2, 2007

Sydney

Sydney Is Huge! Who knew? For some reason I'm really confused with the time. They're doing all sorts of Mardi Gras celibrations this weekend, and the Gay people are out in numbers. But i thought Ash wednesday was a while ago, so I really don't know whats going on. I ment to do something for Lent, but oh well!

I've done some extensive "urban hiking" and feel like I've seen a good bit of Sydney. I also got a rail/bus/ferry pass that will take me anywhere in the "red" zone for 1 week. I don't really know where the red zone starts or ends, but so far I've been golden.

Tonight I'm going to the Oprah House to see Brahms 2end and 4th. Having a student ID is the bomb, it makes everything a lot cheaper. I got a 100 dollar seat for 25 dollars.

The guy I'm staying with in Sydney is a retired physicist. He lives in a very "proper" and "quiet" section of town. It's kind of nice to wake up and see books like "Nuclear Reactor Engineering Basics" and "Quantum photo chemistry" and to know that I'll never have to read anything in those.

I'll be back in the states on monday! Give me a call!
-mike

2 comments:

Ed said...

I'm not posting this to make fun, but to share the spectacular image that formed in my head ... the "Oprah House" that you're going to sounded to me like "Oprah's House" instead of "Opera House" ... and I had this crazy picture of you and Dr. Phil ...

And I'll have to remember the whole student ID thing whenever I go to Aussieland.

And I can't believe you're coming home. That's ridiculous. Is this the "end" of the currently-planned Adventures of Mike Soltys?

Elleth said...

personally, i like the way "Gay" was capitalized